Do you remember when the Pharisees cornered Jesus of Nazareth on the road between Jerusalem and Galilee? There was an exchange there that I think is often cherry-picked and used to validate religious doctrine. But to me, I think there was a deeper meaning to it all.
Jesus loved to talk about the “kingdom of God”, but it’s clear to me that his disciples didn’t really understand what he meant. And I think we’ve largely missed the point for the last 2,000 years also.
So this past week’s episode of the podcast goes philosophical on you. But I promise, there are direct takeaways that are relevant for us still today.
And I’m not talking about religion at all here.
We look at this particular exchange from the standpoint of an objective analyst, as I’m trained to do. We also add some historical context that is largely missing in the Bible, and in so doing, I think Jesus’ real message becomes clearer. And it has direct implications for those of us concerned about financial independence today.
Of course, this is all just my perspective. I don’t claim to be any kind of expert or authority on the subject matter. But I always enjoy introspective endeavors like this.
So if you haven’t checked it out yet, you can find this past week’s podcast at: https://phoenicianleague.com/podcast-episode-15-the-kingdom-of-god-is-in-your-midst-what-jesus-actually-meant-about-money-and-independence/
Looking forward, I’m wading back into research mode to press forward with our essay series on the American System. I’ll have the next installment ready for you later this week or early next.
Have a great weekend!
-Joe Withrow
No comments:
Post a Comment