FOR FREE YUGIOH CARDS, CLICK THE PAGE ON THE RIGHT!!! No scams, viruses, or malware. Click the black titles of the posts if you would like to see the entire post.
We get told that the Internet is full of "disinformation," and that's why we need the state and the media to get us accurate information.
The problem they never address is: what if the state and the media are themselves the main sources of disinformation?
Just the other day, CNN's Dana Bash said something to Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., that she's never said to any Establishment official: "I also don't want to use this interview to allow you to say things that aren't entirely true."
So Dana Bash is going to be the arbiter for us of what is and what isn't true?
Let me interrupt myself here to say something embarrassing, and then we'll get back to our friend Dana Bash.
Yesterday I ran a great promo for Liberty Classroom, probably the best and most reliable anti-disinformation institution there is. I opened it in 2012 and have never raised the price. Your inflation rate with it has been zero.
So yesterday I (1) offered a big discount for my birthday, and (2) for U.S. residents added the second bonus of a free signed and personalized copy of my book 33 Questions About American History You're Not Supposed to Ask, to commemorate that book's 20th anniversary.
Evidently only some people saw the sale price, and for everyone else there was no way to get the discount. I don't know why that is, but it's mortifying. From now on we'll use coupon codes only, and then you see the discount taken on your screen.
I'm extending the offer through midnight, and this time use code "birthday" for the discount on the Master membership and for your free book.
I promote things via this newsletter in order to keep the lights on in the Woods household -- it's the same principle as AM radio: you get some content you enjoy, and then there's a commercial break. That's fair.
So when something goes wrong, it's a kick in the gut.
At any rate, this is your truth-telling, on-the-go university for dissidents, and until midnight use code "birthday":
Back to Dana Bash. I know people have their gripes with RFK, but my opinion is that he's working in a hostile environment in which essentially nobody has his back. So I continue to be sympathetic to him, even if others think I'm naive.
And the fact is, Dana Bash got her head handed to her in that exchange.
RFK: Can you show me one study that shows that children were protected by the Covid vaccine? That the vaccine did more good than harm to children. Can you show me one study that shows that?
Bash: I can tell you that when it comes to the vaccine, there have been studies that show that because of vaccine misinformation, disinformation, there could have been 100 to 200,000 lives in the U.S. saved. But because people didn't get the vaccine. That's why I'm not saying that it --
RFK: You are saying nonsense. You are saying something that you cannot show me a single study --
Bash: I am not saying nonsense --
RFK accuses her of simply repeating what somebody told her. There's a lot of crosstalk that makes perfect reproduction of the conversation a challenge, so we'll resume with RFK demanding that she answer him:
RFK:Cite me the study. You're talking nonsense, you're making assertions you can't support, and then when I call you on it you're telling me I'm arguing.
Then later:
Bash: You are the HHS Secretary and you are talking about things that that that lead to vaccine hesitancy in this country. And it is something that causes problems for people when there is not anything --
RFK: Let me ask you something. Do you see your job as ending "vaccine hesitancy," or do you see your job as telling the truth to the American people?
Bash: I see my job as telling the truth, and the truth is that there is is study after study after study. It's one of the most studied things out there in science.
RFK: You're repeating like a parrot. So have you actually read the science? You don't want to -- you don't want to hear and debate this. All you know how to do is repeat things that people told you and say, trust the experts. That's what you did during Covid. Now we know that Anthony Fauci, who was the expert, was lying about everything about masks, about social distancing, about natural immunity, about the transmission from the vaccine, about the source of Covid. He was lying. And you were punishing people for not trusting the experts. And now you're rolling out the experts again to talk about something that you have no personal knowledge of.
We have needed a CNN talking head to be spoken to like this for as long as CNN has existed.
They're all like this: they've been told "everybody believes X," and only a crazy person doesn't, and since they're too lazy and self-interested to look into any actual X for themselves, and they don't want to be called crazy, they jump on board and parrot the slogans.
But the slogan-repeaters are seeing their ratings fall when compared to the slogan-questioners -- certainly when it comes to online audiences -- and that's a good first step.
Tom Woods
P.S. Remember, I'll send you a free signed and personalized copy of a book you will love -- my own 33 Questions About American History You're Not Supposed to Ask -- and you'll get a nice discount on my truth-telling, on-the-go, dashboard university for adult enrichment, whose faculty consists of people who don't hate your guts and who can cure educational malpractice. Use code "birthday" for a juicy discount on the Master (lifetime) membership; expires midnight tonight:
No comments:
Post a Comment