Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Propagandist weeps after being axed

View in browser

When regime lackeys who pretend to be journalists trot out the martyr routine, I can't say I have a lot of sympathy.

60 Minutes managing editor Guy Campanile, let go in May, just released his lengthy sob story on Facebook.

Now I'll say first of all: I also unsympathetic to editor-in-chief and Campanile foe Bari Weiss, and would never want her in charge of anything. It is possible to oppose both sides in a fight, and this is certainly one such case.

But Campanile gives us the predictable "I was just trying to uphold the noble standards of the show" stuff, saying that he and his colleagues

refused to be accomplices in the destruction of the most prestigious news program on American television. We would not compromise our principles or reputations by jamming unverifiable notions or White House talking points into our reporting.... We did what reporters worth their salt do -- we questioned authority…including our own bosses....

What has happened recently at 60 Minutes -- where I believe editorial independence has become a casualty of corporate priorities and ideological intrusion -- was tragic. But it was part of an inevitable progression in the cascade of afflictions that have devalued our most trusted sources of news.


He refused to compromise his principles, dear reader! What a glorious example for us all!

Except hold on a minute. Campanile and his colleagues are the same people who repeated the phony-baloney Russiagate claims without a shred of skepticism.


They uncritically amplified the official 2017-2019 story that Trump might be compromised, and they were late and thin on the FBI's documented sloppiness and on the Steele dossier as Democratic-funded opposition research that should never have been treated as intelligence.

These are the same people who did nothing but repeat official talking points during Covid -- and when dissident voices like (Tom Woods Show guest) Scott Atlas were brought into the White House, instead of treating him as an official voice that also deserved to be heard, they simply ignored him (Atlas was never interviewed, by contrast with the fawning interviews granted to the usual suspects) or they joined in the chorus of condemnation of his views -- every last one of which turned out to be correct.

I am not sympathetic to the young man who murders his parents and then throws himself on the mercy of the court as an orphan, and I am likewise unmoved by the plight of a propagandist who lies and lies for years and years, and then wants me to think of him as a victim.

Meanwhile, it was ol' Woods, not 60 Minutes, who highlighted the dissident voices during Covid, while Guy Campanile was busy silencing or mocking us.

There is no possible response to my (rather entertaining, if I may say so) book on the subject, Diary of a Psychosis: How Public Health Disgraced Itself During COVID Mania. I consider it the most persuasive of my 14 books.

But even better than the paper edition is the audiobook, narrated by Woods himself, and therefore carrying just that combination of sarcasm and contempt that you crave and which the subject demands.


Treat yourself:
 

https://www.tomwoods.com/diaryaudiobook


Tom Woods







This email was sent to fisdmaintenance@gmail.com
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
Tom Woods · PO Box 701447 · Saint Cloud, FL 34770 · USA

No comments:

Post a Comment