There’s More to Time Than the Clock
Dear Friend,
Dr. Paul Scheele and I took some of the popular time-management courses more than 35 years ago.
They were useful. We learned how to organize what we had to do, set priorities, keep track of appointments, and have a fighting chance of getting everything done.
I still use plenty of what I learned.
But having a good calendar system does not mean you have a good relationship with time.
You can have everything meticulously organized and still fall behind. You can finish ten things and waste the rest of the day fretting about the eleventh. Luckily there are also those days when you get absorbed in something important, accomplish far more than you expected, and wonder where the time went.
In his program, Mastering Time, Dr. Paul shares why that happens. I think you’ll find his approach fascinating.
One of the ideas he shares comes from the ancient Greeks, who distinguished between two kinds of time. Chronos is clock time: seconds, minutes, hours. Kairos is experienced time: the quality of the time you are actually living.
One person who went through the program told us:
“Exquisite presentation. Really. It deepens my understanding of time itself more than anything I have heard or read before. One of my favorite courses instantly. The benefit I’ve received that I value the most is understanding the difference between Chronos and Kairos, and how to view them and use them in everyday life. Suddenly it makes my daily planning and prioritizing much easier and more flowing.”
— Samo
Paul gets very practical, too.
He shows you how to get tasks and commitments out of your head so your mind is free to think, decide what really deserves your attention, work with your natural energy cycles, create periods of deep focus, and adapt when the day refuses to go according to plan.
Then he takes it further by showing you how to use the resources of your nonconscious mind to enter the flow state more easily and change how you experience time itself.
For 8 days, you can experience all eight sessions of Mastering Time online, absolutely free.
I hope you’ll join us. You will discover that mastering time has a lot less to do with the clock than you thought.
Get My Free Pass »
For your personal best,
No comments:
Post a Comment