Hi ,
We had quite a CoachingCast yesterday!
I told everyone upfront that this one would be heavy. And it was. But another word kept showing up right alongside the heaviness, and that word was hope.
During the call we explored what I call the Four Core Wounds. Shame. Fear. Anger. Abandonment.
After thirty years of coaching, I've come to believe that almost every painful thing a person carries traces back to one or more of these four.
For example…
Guilt is shame with an object attached.
Anxiety is fear that's been running so long we've adapted to it.
Resentment is anger that never got expressed.
Loneliness is often abandonment revisited in the present moment.
For each wound, we did a little cave exploring. We looked at what it actually feels like in the body. We looked at what's happening in the brain, because understanding the neurology of these wounds is something I think sets this conversation apart. And then we looked at the four antidotes, because that's where the real hope is.
A few of the antidotes surprised people. For example, confidence isn't the antidote to shame. Courage isn't the antidote to fear. We go deep into why that is, and what the real antidotes are in the call.
And since you’re a Just Checking In reader, you get early access to the replay.
Watch it right here!
I'll be sharing more about these four wounds and the ideas that came out of exploring them in the weeks ahead. But meanwhile, I do hope you’ll sit back and enjoy this very special CoachingCast.
And if you attended yesterday’s live call, or if you watch the replay, I’m genuinely curious… which of the four wounds resonated with you the most? Has your life been affected by shame, fear, anger, or abandonment? And what kind of relief from those wounds have you found so far?
If you feel comfortable, reply to this email and let me know. I’d really appreciate learning about your experience.
Until next time, this is me, Just Checking In!
No comments:
Post a Comment