FOR FREE YUGIOH CARDS, CLICK THE PAGE ON THE RIGHT!!! No scams, viruses, or malware. Click the black titles of the posts if you would like to see the entire post.
How about, instead of more grimness, a bit of light?
In a recent episode of the Tom Woods Show I talked to my old friend Michael Malice, best man at my wedding and a very good friend over the years.
Instead of depression and frustration, which so many podcast episodes devolve into these days, this one was an affirmation of life.
We went into it with no structure at all. We'll just talk and see where it goes. The result, I hope, speaks for itself. I think you'll love it.
The subject of 8-month-old Henry Woods came up. (Here are a couple of pictures of little Henry aboard the Tom Woods Cruise, currently in progress.)
I told Michael that unlike my own case as an infant and those of my other children, Henry is extremely robust -- he's in the 99th percentile for weight and 94th for height.
I burst out laughing when Michael replied, "What does his biological father think about all this?"
Among other things, we covered:
The two “gaping holes” Michael now sees in Ayn Rand’s philosophy, despite calling her the greatest intellectual influence on his life
What the people who run social media learned from the Covid era, and why they'd like you agitated, black-pilled, and certain that nothing can be done
How your own mind can become an extraordinarily persuasive liar, and how to recognize when it’s happening
The four-letter test Michael uses when he finds himself in a dark mental place
Even if the world really is getting worse, that’s no excuse to spend your life psychologically living in a dystopia
The precisely wrong thing men's brains tell them to do when they're depressed or anxious
I can write a book on deadline without blinking but I need another human being to make me work hard at the gym; why?
The sentence an editor actually wrote to Michael: "You do not have the stature to criticize William F. Buckley."
The publishing house that passed on Ron Paul's The Revolution, the young editor who got it right, and the consolation-prize libertarian book they signed instead (it bombed spectacularly)
Michael's writing method
The book I wrote in four weeks — and the editor who made it substantially better
Michael: publishing is one of those peculiar industries where making a gigantic mistake doesn’t cause anybody to rethink anything
Why major publishers sometimes seem willing to leave money on the table rather than publish the “wrong” kind of author
Michael on why my daughters are better than I am
Why I occasionally think twice before posting something outrageous on X now that my 23-year-old daughter can see it -- and why I usually post it anyway
Why growing up with three television channels may have given Americans something 500 streaming options can’t
And finally, all good things must come to an end, and tonight is the last chance to watch the replay of my (pretty darn good) free, step-by-step presentation on the simplest way to build and then run a solopreneur business that can be operated from a laptop -- a piece of knowledge that JUST MIGHT come in handy in the age of AI.
Since nobody teaches anyone how to do this, nobody knows how. Now you will (but it comes down at midnight):
No comments:
Post a Comment