Friday, September 18, 2026

They are what they accuse you of

View in browser
A woman named Claire Valdez is running for U.S. Congress from New York, and here's how she wants to introduce herself to you:

215 years ago, Mexicans fought an empire that demanded our land and our labor. And we won.

I'll carry that fight with me to Congress as New York's first Mexican American representative.

And I'm strengthened not just by Mexico's history but its present. Last month I met comrades in Morena who are standing up to the empires and corporations that have always taken from us -- and building a government for the working class.

¡Viva la Independencia, Viva México!


This is obviously a very strange way for someone to frame a run for United States Congress.

My old friend John Carney added: "
This is the standard way Mexican history is taught to school kids in Mexico. What’s funny is that the American left absolutely rejects this kind of heroic history when it comes to the U.S. But many adopt the official state version for Mexico."

Nowadays we're forced to endure an alleged debate on immigration on the right in which Conservatism, Inc., uses the language of its enemies to police the opinion of those of us to the right of Mitt Romney. "You racist!"

But since I can do math, and I can see that the country will be less free if we continue on this kind of demographic transformation, and because I want the country to be livable for my children, I don't see how someone can expect me to encourage it.

So I get lectures about "first principles."

I'll lecture back: my real-world obligations to people with genuine connections to me are more important than whatever "first principle" I am going to be hectored about.

Or I'll say this: my first principle is that the well-being of my own children trumps my nonexistent obligation to assist strangers in "finding a better life," especially at my kids' expense.


Cicero had this in mind when he said, "The union and fellowship of men will be best preserved if each receives from us the more kindness in proportion as he is more closely connected with us."

I am being told by the domesticated conservative movement that America is all about ideas, and as long as people accept those ideas, they are just as American as I am.

Now let's suppose that claim is true; does the converse hold? If people do not accept, and in fact support the exact opposite of, those ideas, does anything happen to them? Are they no longer Americans? Or before they even get here, are they refused for being "democratic socialists"?

Of course not. So why even bother throwing that pointless argument at me in the first place?

In other words, we're told being American has nothing to do with culture or background and is instead all about accepting certain ideas -- but the very same people peddling this view cheer the large-scale admission of groups who by a 2-to-1 margin support "democratic socialism."

And it's "racist" for you and me to object!

This is the so-called conservative movement speaking. No wonder Sam Francis called them "beautiful losers."

I have enough loons to deal with already who want to loot my children and me. I am unconvinced that I would be "enriched" by adding millions more, and with no logical stopping point.


Meanwhile, the majority populations of Western countries have been demoralized and propagandized into thinking they have no right to be proud of who they are, because Hitler was proud of who he was (yes, the argument is that dumb).

Talk to young men in many parts of America and they're at the breaking point with the demonization of their history and the ingratitude of people who have done nothing but take opportunities and wealth from them.

The language has been hijacked such that if you dare make the kinds of statements about your own culture that other peoples make routinely every single day about their own, you are a "racist" full of "hate."

The funny thing is, I have never encountered anyone more full of legitimate hate than the folks who want to turn U.S. history into a story of oppression and wickedness, in order to justify wealth and opportunity redistribution in the present.

A single charismatic person telling these kids they have no reason for shame, that it is grotesque for anyone to make them think they do, and that their own country should not be organized in such a way as to privilege others at their expense (while lecturing them on their alleged "privilege"!), could be enough to turn things around and make justice prevail.

There would be not a shred of "hate" involved, needless to say. Just fairness and common sense.

Well, as you know, tomorrow I am giving a free encore presentation on how to make a room see things the way you do, even if what you have to say is controversial.

Or even if you're trying to get a board of directors to adopt your plan, and they seem bored or hostile.

Whatever it is you need to do, in whatever room, you'll be much more successful if you implement what I teach you tomorrow -- and it costs nothing.

So in your easiest decision of the week, click here to reserve your spot for my final presentation on this topic:

 

Tom Woods






This email was sent to fisdmaintenance@gmail.com
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
Tom Woods · PO Box 701447 · Saint Cloud, FL 34770 · USA

No comments:

Post a Comment